Wednesday, May 1, 2019

Unfathomable Love: You are so loved

Something that I am still trying to wrap my head around is how much God loves me...you…. all of us. I’m not sure I will ever be able to grasp it it fully, at least in this lifetime. Today I want to remind you of how much you are cherished and encourage you. It has come to my attention that a lot of you have been pushed away by the church because you were “defined” by whatever sins you have committed. That is not what we are called to do as Christians. As a Christ follower myself, I will 100% admit that I am not perfect...not even close. I still sin even though I have been born again in Christ. Am I proud of that? Well no...but having a personal relationship with Jesus doesn’t make us suddenly perfect. Instead, it gives us hope that we can have everlasting life when we die. It also gives us a purpose and the ability to experience and freedom as we allow Christ to live through us. The gift of salvation is given to us because of how much God and Jesus love us. He didn’t have to send his son to die for our sins. He chose to because he loved each and every human he created so much that he wanted to make a way for us to be with him again, even after we chose to rebel.

But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8 NIV

God loves us so much that even if we choose to disobey him, he will continue loving us. He loves us so much that he knows every hair on our head and desires a relationship with us. He cares for the sparrow, but he cares even more about humans who he made in his image. Nothing we do will ever make his love for us cease. He has a special plan and purpose for each of us, and he knows your every thought. God is not someone who is constantly looking down upon us ready to strike us down for every mistake we make. Rather, he desperately wants us to choose him so that he can give us a whole life full of joy, love, and success.

Indeed, the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Don’t be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows. Luke 12:7 NIV

For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11 NIV

But you, Lord, are a compassionate and gracious God, slow to anger, abounding in love and faithfulness. Psalm 86:15

God’s love for me has changed me as a person. It has given me hope on days where I feel like giving up because my chronic illnesses are in full spin. His love gives me hope that nothing I ever do will revoke my salvation because all who call on the name of Jesus will be saved. His love remains when I have been hurt and rejected by others. His love is why I have been blessed with a great husband, cute dogs, a nice new teaching job, a new home…. He wouldn’t give those things to me if he were indifferent to me. He wouldn’t bless you with the wonderful things he has given you in life if he didn’t love you either. Maybe it’s giving you the opportunity to act on a fun TV show like Jane the Virgin :) or maybe it’s giving you the gift of being a teacher(like he has recently given me). Maybe it’s a really nice home that has a huge backyard, an adorable family, the ability to travel, delicious food. Trust me I love food so much, as does my favorite actress Yael Grobglas, and I can attest that delicious food is a sign that God loves us because he blessed us with food to enjoy. Every good thing we experience on this earth is because God loves us.

For there is no difference between Jew and Greek: The same Lord is Lord of all, and gives richly to all who call on Him, for, “Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.” Romans 10:13-14 NIV

Now you may be asking if God loves us why do innocent people die? Why is there disease and illness? While I cannot give you the answer on why a specific person or child may suffer, I can tell you that the root of disaster and heartache in this life is because of living in a fallen world. When we as humans chose our own fate in the garden of Eden, the entire world became corrupt with sin. Sin is ugly and sin affects every living thing. Sadly it means there will be some awful trials and tribulations in this world. It means there will be cruel people, death, and other terrible things. But.. when Jesus rose from the grave he gave us the ability to have triumph over sin. His gift is for ANYONE willing to receive it. All it takes is asking Jesus to be your Lord and Savior. It doesn’t take us cleaning ourselves up first or anything like that. I challenge you today to simply ask Jesus to be your Lord and Savior. Ask him to guide your life. And watch...he will be faithful. He will make you more like him. It’s a lifelong journey we aren’t perfect until we are in Heaven one day. But when we have Jesus as our Lord he works to make us more like him and to clean us up. 

I am so excited if you decide today to accept Jesus as your Lord and Savior. If you have any questions or want prayer please let me know. Also if you aren’t ready yet, or are still unsure, know I still love you. You are so beloved, so precious. You are not defined by mistakes you have made or any sins you have committed. You are so much more. You are special and you are no mistake. You have a purpose and it will touch the lives of others. And please don’t let something someone may have said in judgement about you cause you to miss out on the blessings of God. There is no Christian who can stand and say they’ve never sinned or that they have quit sinning. We strive not to, but alas as us being humans we still do. No sin is bigger than another. You are precious. You are loved just as you are. Will you come to God today just as you are? Trust me, it’ll be worth it. I love you! God Bless you <3

No comments:

Post a Comment