Wednesday, June 17, 2020

To my wonderful friends


Hey girls, I just wanted to write a special post to you because I want you to know how much I appreciate each of you, and I want you to never question your worth like I have. I want you to know how loved you are by your friends (like me!), your husband (or boyfriend), your family, and most importantly Jesus. I won’t share this to Facebook or anywhere other than my main blog page, but since I am still sharing it to the main blog page I will only use first initials just because I like to respect privacy :)


I am so thankful that each of you truly embrace all of me and are always there to catch me when I fall. Some days I feel like I stand so strong and courageous, ready to conquer anything that comes my way. Other days, like lately, I feel like a hot mess. My emotions have been a wreck, my chronic illnesses not so good, and my mental health is taking a toll because I so desperately mourn when the world is in turmoil like it has been. I don’t like seeing so much suffering, so much evil in many avenues, and Satan running rampant. I see him doing what he wants to do to: stealing, killing, and destroying. What keeps me sane is knowing that even in this huge spiritual battle, Jesus will win. I am so thankful each of you know Him so that we can spend eternity with him, and so that even now we can experience his joy and peace. Thank you for comforting me lately as I have had people walk out of my life over sharing my heart on how I have experienced racism, including a best friend I’ve had since I was a freshman in high school. Thank you for always seeing the best in me, when I can’t see any good in myself.


Thank you for loving all of me, even the parts of me that aren’t the prettiest. I so wish I were perfect. I honestly view each of you as perfect, even though I know technically none of us are because we all fall short of the glory and that is why we need a savior, Jesus. But when I see each of you, when I talk to you, when I spend time with you, I see Jesus and I feel his love. I want you to know that I am always there for you too, like you have been there for me. Like I have opened up to you about some of my deepest struggles and have basically shared my entire heart, you can tell me anything in confidence. If there is one thing I am good at, it is keeping secrets because I believe that is something precious and gossip is horrible. What I really love about each of you is that each of you have different things about you that I adore, different aspects of your personality that make you unique, fun, enjoyable, and amazing. You all are beautiful inside and outside. Don’t ever look in the mirror and think otherwise. I know, I say that after I just made like three Facebook posts putting myself down. Ugh, I do like how I look most of the time, but I do struggle with the skin color like I mentioned. I wish I were darker because as a biracial person I feel I look weird, and I think I would be prettier if I were a different color. I love all skin colors and all of yours by the way. I am trying to love myself as I was made. It’s a process. I like most of me, so I guess that’s better than nothing. Each of you were made by God himself and you are beloved. You are a treasure. You are a prize. You are so precious.


I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.  Psalm 139:14 NIV


I think most of you have been friends with me since college, some of you a bit longer and some a bit shorter, but most of us have met in college. Ah, those were the days. I am so thankful we have crossed paths, whether in college or wherever we have. I don’t believe in coincidence, I believe everything happens for a reason. I cherish all of the wonderful memories we have shared and I think back to them quite often, especially during this crazy year with covid19 and everything else. I look forward to the many more memories we will share too. Both in the near future and in Heaven because our future will only get better. Now I’d like to share some things I like about each of you. Remember these truths whenever you ever feel down, or have any doubts. Remember these truths along with God’s truths and you will be able to overcome any negative thoughts or struggles. I love and adore each of you tremendously <3 Remember I am using initials, just because this will be accessible from my blog site, but you will know it’s about you based on initials and because you know who you are lol. This isn’t all of my friends, but just a few I wanted to share some extra love with <3


K* I love how when we met you were so chill and we were instant friends. We just meshed well and the rest was history haha. Of course we got to know each other as roommates, but we compliment each other well. I love your sarcasm, it’s hilarious and it helps me through my darkest moments. I love your intellect and how you are always interested in learning and helping better the world around you. I love how we can just have a good time. You never judge anything I ever tell you. In fact, you were the first person I went to (after hubby) when I knew I finally needed to admit that one thing I struggle with and you were like okay, cool. I can tell you anything and you can tell me anything. You are always up for a good time and you take very good care of those you love. I don’t think I could get through life without you, honestly.


M* I was drawn to you the minute I met you. You were hard to read though at first because you were a lot more quiet than B, but I could tell you were a Godly woman and a genuine person. I just felt a special bond and I don’t ignore those because I don’t get those often and when I do it means I’ve found a special friend. I love how devoted you are to ministry and furthering God’s kingdom. I also love the empathy you show toward those you care about, and understanding. Out of everyone I’ve talked to recently, you’ve shown some of the most empathy and that I cherish. It shows you really care. I also like your sense of humor, sassy side, and pretty much everything about you. I like that you’re a country gal at heart and that you like country music (which is one of my favorite types of music btw) You’re beautiful inside and out, what can I say. Your husband is a lucky man, he better treat you like the queen you are every single day (which I know he does :) ).


B* I love your sweet, sensitive nature. You are such a precious Godly woman. I love how gentle you are, how much you love Jesus and how much you love your friends. You’re so funny, and fun. We can always talk for hours and I feel like we are like sisters. You’re so genuine, so pure, a rare girl to find in this world, which makes me want to protect you from all the corrupt guys out there. I am so glad you see your worth and are waiting for mr. right. God has someone special for you. I love how you have a heart for helping others, and how much you love nature and cats. I love how much you love to love others too and how you also enjoy encouraging and uplifting others. You’re a gem. You’re beautiful.


S* Girl, we’ve been through so much together. I remember when we first met freshman year/ sophomore year for you. We started hanging out all the time having sleepovers, pizza parties, movie nights, and you wanted to paint my nails all the time. We would talk about everything, and we would hangout with a few other mutual friends we had too. However a lot changed, but our friendship only grew. Who knew we would help each other get through very toxic romantic relationships and help each other grow after. I remember you were going to take my phone if I texted my ex anymore because it was obvious at that point he was playing games, and I was going to beat up your ex if he kept verbally abusing you. It was rough, but we got through and we got through stronger than before. You are someone who is always there even when others are not. You love hard and you will not let anyone walk all over the ones you care about. You are very passionate about what you believe in, and I think we need more of that. You love to help others and you are more than happy to put others above yourself. If anyone needs anything, you’re there in a second. You’re a beautiful woman inside and out. You’re a wonderful mother and a great wife to your hubby. You’re a friend who will never leave or walk out on someone, you’re in it for the long haul and I am glad, because I am not going anywhere, either. Don’t let anyone ever tell you to stop being you, or to stop being passionate for what you believe in. We need more passionate people in this world.


A* Where do I start? Our friendship is the result of God’s divine intervention alone because who knew I would decide to speak up against someone twisting scripture in a Christian blogging group of 10,0000 members, and that you would help back me up with the complimentary scripture when I was calling the woman out for being a liar and for being a wolf in sheep’s clothing. I remember PM-ing you later and then getting your phone #. Fast forward a week later I wished you a happy mother’s day and hoped you were spending it with your mother too. That’s when I learned you weren’t because of your strained relationship with your mom due to narcissism and that’s when I knew our friendship was really needed at that time too..because there where narcissists on Robbie’s side of the family who were trying to attack me and our marriage and we had no idea how to deal with that. You helped Robbie and I learn that narcissism is mental but also spiritual and it needs diligence and strict boundaries. Without your guidance and wisdom, I know we wouldn’t be where we are today. We have no problems with said family members because we nipped it in the bud so quickly and I learned to push back whenever someone tried to insert themselves where they didn’t belong. Ever since we just became close friends and you’re like the older sister I always wished I had. It’s crazy how much we have in common. I value your wisdom, your love, your ability to see when there are spiritual attacks going on and how to deal with them, and how you know things about me without me even needing to say them. You are so loving, so funny, we can talk on the phone for hours. You say I am wise for my age, but I think you really are the wise one here. Beautiful inside and out. A wonderful mother, wife, and woman of God. You need to get better soon because I don’t think I can live without you in my life...seriously. I would be lost. I don’t know if I could handle it, so please get better soon.


B* Ahh we met on the beach during my first PCB trip. I was kind of nervous because I didn’t know anyone on the trip except for one girl from my Bible study, and even then I barely knew her, but you were super calm and your smile was inviting so I decided to say hello. I remember knowing we would be good friends after our first chat, and I wasn’t wrong. You are another friend who has been there for me through the good, bad, and ugly, and I vow to always be the same for you. I love your loyalty to your friends, and your calm demeanor. You never judge, you are always gentle and you always love well. You are very chill too, something we need more of in this world. I am so glad we’ve been friends all of these years. Don’t ever think you’re less than and I know you also struggle with people pleasing but know you’re loved. You’re beautiful inside and out. You’re going to make one heck of a great mom too.

1 comment:

  1. What a sweet post, Angelica! You've always given each of your friends a special place in your heart and have been nothing but kind to us.
    Just remember- terrible things have been going on in the world since the beginning of time. (Look anywhere in the Bible, it was full of evil, suffering, and turmoil!) Except now, we have the media to expose things that we can let our minds dwell on and give the best of our mental health away. (I've struggled with this many times. And I think we've all struggled with our identity and/or loving our appearance at some point too) Prayer & positivity are the answer. This post was very positive and I'm sure the kind words made an impact to everyone you sent it to ❤

    ReplyDelete