Saturday, February 13, 2016

When life decide's to throw you lemons, you make lemonade with your service dog right by your side

Hello everyone,

I hope you enjoyed reading my testimony blog post, and that it was able to feel encouraged and love by it. I love helping people out, and encouraging others makes me very happy. The Lord has blessed me a lot, and I love being able to use my life as a way to point people to Christ. I often enjoy helping others, but don't like asking others for help. However, this time it is out of my control. I have been battling with an illness for a while now, and have recently made the decision to get help for it. The illness is not life and death, thankfully, but it has been impacting my life more than I would like to admit. It is genetic, and it can be debilitating at times to the point where I cannot focus on a task I am doing and I began to feel disoriented. Sometimes it can take 30 minutes or longer before I am able to regain focus and recover. It has gotten worse this past year, so my doctor has recommended a service dog.

The dog can be trained to be able to detect when my body is about to have an episode, and to do tasks to make me recover quicker. As a dog lover, I was excited to find that a dog could literally be my best friend and help  me not be set back by the sudden, unexpected attacks that happen to my body. However, the costs of obtaining one is quite expensive and range from 7,000 to around 25,000. I am unable to afford that currently, so I am hoping to be able to fund raise and get the amount needed. I found a place that can train a dog  for 8,000, if I can get the funds within the next two months. It would be such a blessing if I could receive the money to get a service dog. I know some of you may be thinking "just train Luke". Well, I would have loved to make him my service dog, but he is not the correct temperament for one. He is just too hyper and submissive. So, I will need to have another dog trained for me. As for Luke, he will always be my baby and my pet :).

It would be a huge blessing if you could pray for me and that I get enough money to get the service dog I need. If you would like to donate the link is below. Every little bit counts and can make a difference. Also, even if you can't donate right now, please share my fundraiser link on Facebook and encourage your friends and family to do the same. I appreciate prayer and any donations received. Thank you all and God bless


https://www.youcaring.com/angelica-sweetness-517993

No comments:

Post a Comment